September 1, 2020
Members of Christ the Lord Lutheran Church and Our Partners in Ministry:
We pray for an end to the misery that we have experienced these past few months when we have been unable to gather together as we were meant to worship. While we have been blessed to have some financial resources that others are lacking, we are committed to expanding our role in support of worthy causes seeking to help others. As part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, we wholeheartedly support the ELCA slogan “God’s work, our hands”. We seek to be a congregation in support of those organizations that do much to improve the well-being of people in our community, nation and the world.
Our congregation has a small but growing Legacy Endowment Fund that is critical to our outreach efforts. We have committed to using the income created by the Fund for outreach to and support of organizations which support our outreach efforts rather than to pay for our regular church operations.
Our Legacy Endowment Fund Committee meets annually to distribute amounts from the Fund. As we have in the past, we seek your suggestions, if you are so moved, on where we should make this year’s distribution.
A grant request form can be found here:
There are five purposes that guide our decisions with regard to grants:
- establish new or support existing social ministry/justice projects
- support local area projects to promote evangelistic outreach to underserved communities or to draw the unchurched into relationship with God
- support special Ministries within the Grand Canyon Synod of the ELCA
- extend to outreach of Christ the Lord beyond the local community, nationally or world wide
- support extraordinary programs/ministry initiatives in the congregation
If you can envision a project or organization that would benefit from a grant of up to $2,000, we invite you to complete the form and return to us for consideration. The deadline for submission this year is September 30.
Finally, if you are considering planned giving alternatives, we invite you to consider a gift to the Christ the Lord Legacy Endowment Fund. We hope this Planned Giving Brochure will be helpful.
Chair, Planned Giving Committee